Saturday, December 11, 2010

Welcome, and Introduction - part 2

Another blog???  I know!  There are so many blogs out there, no one can keep track of them.  Surely blogs are the next 'bubble' that will soon burst.  There are so many blogs that I try to read, I'd have to set aside 3-4 hours a day to just read every single one of them.

But that's the fun.  Finding people that you can relate to, and sharing their journey.  Getting that sneak peek into a part of someone's world, and having the chance to interact with them a little bit.  Or deciding that you aren't really on the same page after all, and making the choice to stop sharing that particular journey.

All I know is that there are a lot of things in my head I'd like to share.  I'm not sure with whom, and right now that doesn't matter.  For all I know, this will just be my own personal journal, and that's perfectly fine.  I'm more interested in getting the thoughts out of my head and "onto paper," so to speak, than in having a large audience for said thoughts.

But I figure it's only fair to let you know what you're in for, should you choose to read.  I have the feeling that there will be a variety of topics, so let me just share a few of the subjects I'll probably be writing about.

  • Faith - I am a Christian, and everything else in my life is based on that.
  • Parenting - I'm the mother to four children.  They are: two boys, ages 13 and 11; two girls ages 7 and 5.
  • Marriage - I've been married to my college sweetheart for 15 years.  We've had some really high "ups" and some really low "downs."  But we've made it this far, and we are 100% committed to spending the rest of our lives together.
  • Homeschooling - My oldest son attended less than one semester of public school kindergarten before we made the decision to homeschool.  I'll be sharing quite a bit of our homeschool days, and I'll also be sharing the story of our homeschool journey.
  • Real Food - I grew up in a "whole food" type household that shifted toward more of a processed food diet as I got older.  When I got married, we were firmly Pop-Tart and Cheetos people, and over the last 6 years, we've come back to a Real Food lifestyle.  I'll be blogging about our experiences and the reasons we've come to our current beliefs about what we eat and why.
  • Politics - I've been a registered voter since the day I became eligible, though the first 5 years or so I just voted along party lines.  As I've "grown up" I have taken a lot of interest in the direction of our country and though I am by no means a politician, I feel that too many people sit back and allow the politicians to make sweeping changes.  I have begun to take a stand, and I'd love to encourage a few more people to do the same!
  • Random interesting stuff - As I said, I try to read a lot of different blogs, and I often come across things that I feel are worth sharing.
  • Pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, etc - Though I am not currently pregnant, I hope that I might have that chance again.  I'm not sure how often it will come up, but I may blog about these topics from time to time.
I look forward to sharing with you!

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment